Last Updated: 24 May 2018
ReadySetBlog.com (the “Website”), which is owned and operated by
Sensitive Personal Information
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is important to us. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information at our Websites from those we actually know are under 18, and no part of our Website is structured to attract anyone under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us immediately at admin@ReadySetBlog.com and we will make our best effort to promptly remove such information from our records.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the Website, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring Website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Website or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Website more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
When you use and access the Website, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
- To enable certain functions of the Website
- To provide analytics
- To store your preferences
- To enable advertisements delivery, including behavioural advertising.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Website and we use different types of cookies to run the Website:
- Accounts-related cookies. We may use accounts-related cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. We may use these cookies to remember information that changes the way the Website behaves or looks, such as the “remember me” functionality.
- Analytics cookies. We may use analytics cookies to track information how the Website is used so that we can make improvements. We may also use analytics cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
- Advertising cookies. These type of cookies are used to deliver advertisements on and through the Website and track the performance of these advertisements. These cookies may also be used to enable third-party advertising networks to deliver ads that may be relevant to you based upon your activities or interests.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Website, deliver advertisements on and through the Website, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
Where can you find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Specific Information We Collect on You
When you access the Website, the Company will learn certain information about you during your visit. As a business, we collect personal data from you in a number of ways including:
- Newsletter opt-ins: Your name and email address.
- Waiting Lists: Your name and email address.
- Transactions: Your name, email address, billing information, and payment source.
- Comments: Your name, email address, and comment. Please note by posting a comment on this Website or in our forum, you consent to the posting of any Personal Information that you provide. You should be aware that such Personal Information can be read, collected, or used by other visitors to these public areas. We have no control over how these visitors use your Personal Information.
Your Option to Not Provide Your Personal Information
If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our Websites or services.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- to ensure the proper functioning of the Website;
- to ensure the proper functioning of our business; and
- to assist us with our auditing, marketing, planning, billing, product development and research requirements.
First and foremost, we use your personal data to operate our Websites and provide you with any services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
To communicate with you.
This may include:
- providing you with information you’ve requested from us (like training or education materials) or information we are required to send to you operational communications, like changes to our Websites and services, security updates, or assistance with using our Websites and services;
- marketing communications (about us or another product or service we think you might be interested in) in accordance with your marketing preferences;
- asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting (which we may engage a third party to assist with).
To support you:
This may include assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the Websites or services, whether by email, in-app support or otherwise.
To enhance our Websites and services and develop new ones:
For example, by tracking and monitoring your use of Websites and services so we can keep improving, or by carrying out technical analysis of our Websites and services so that we can optimize your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools.
To market to you:
In addition to sending you marketing communications, we may also use your personal data to display targeted advertising to you online – through our own Websites and services or through third party Websites and their platforms.
To analyze, aggregate and report:
We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our Websites and services (whether obtained directly or from third parties) to produce aggregated and anonymized analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties.
Disclosure of Information
We do not automatically log personal data nor do we link information automatically logged by other means with personal data about specific individuals. We may use IP addresses to compile and provide aggregate statistics about our visitors, traffic patterns, and administer the Website. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. We collect only the personal data that you may volunteer while using our services. We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organizations.
We will not use or disclose (or permit the use or disclosure of) information that could be used to identify an individual member in any circumstances except:
- to ensure the proper functioning of our business and the Website;
- to communicate promotional offers and special events to you;
- to allow our trusted third parties, including our advertising partners, to communicate promotional and special offers to you;
- where the law requires us, or authorizes us, or a company holding data on our behalf, to do so; orwhere you have given express consent to us for a prescribed purpose.
We will not sell, distribute, rent, license, disclose, share or pass your personal information onto any third parties, other than those who are contracted to us to keep the information confidential whether subject to a statute or a scheme regarding the handling of personal information.
Should a third-party approach us with a demand to access your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to redirect the third party to request the information directly from you, wherever it is lawful and reasonable for us to do so.
If we are compelled to disclose your personal information, to a third party we will take reasonable steps to notify you of this in advance, wherever it is lawful and reasonable for us to do so.
Third Party Partners
Our trusted third-party partners comply with Europe’s new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our trusted third-party partners who may place cookies and tracking technology on your computer or device include:
- Google Analytics – providing traffic analytics and demographics
- Quantcast – User analytics
- ConvertKit – helps us collect information for email subscribers so we can tailor our messaging to more personal preferences.
- Amazon – tracks products we promote via affiliate links on our Website
- Commission Junction – tracks products we promote via affiliate links on our Website
- Geni.us – tracks products we promote via affiliate links on our Website
- AdThrive – our advertising partner who uses cookie information to deliver optimized ads to users.
- Facebook – user analytics and advertising tracking
- Twitter – user analytics and advertising tracking
- Interact – user analytics and tracking for video and email subscribers
We employ commercially reasonable methods to ensure the security of the information you provide to us and the information we collect automatically. This includes using standard security protocols and working only with reputable third-party vendors.
eMail is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our Website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Credit Card information and other sensitive information is never transmitted via email.
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure and we take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. However, you use the Website at your own risk and we accept no responsibility, whether we are deemed to have been negligent or not, in the event of a security that affects your privacy.
Note that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. However, we will endeavor to protect your personal information as best as possible but we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
Visitor’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Rights
How we collect, store, use and secure personal data is in-line with Europe’s new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. In compliance with GDPR you have the following rights:
The Right To Access
You have the right to request access to any of your personal data that we have stored, and ask how your data is used by our company after it has been gathered. We must provide a copy of the personal data free of charge in electronic format.
You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to admin@ReadySetBlog.com.
The Right To Be Forgotten
If you are no longer a customer of ours, or if you withdraw your consent from our company to use your personal data, then you have the right to have your data deleted.
Anyone who unsubscribes from any of our newsletters or email update notifications, will immediately cease receiving emails from us. In addition, we periodically completely delete all data from those who unsubscribe on a weekly basis.
If you wish to have your data deleted, please submit a request to admin@ReadySetBlog.com.
The Right To Data Portability
You have the right to transfer your data from our website to any other service provider.
You may do this by looking up your details (see ‘The Right To Access’ above) and transferring those details. Or you may contact our customer support if you have other requests.
The Right To Be Informed
This relates to your right to be informed about any gathering of data.
Here we are informing you of how we gather data:
We use Google Analytics to see where our visitors are coming from (websites, countries, search phrases). This is not identifiable by the individual and is gathered as a whole.
To opt into one of our newsletters, we collect your name and email address. If you are a member of one of our products, we’ll also collect a username and password for you to use. We also store the date that you joined, and your IP address. We need to store this as proof that you gave consent to optin to our newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link that is contained in every one of our newsletters.
If you are subscribed to any of our newsletters, then we collect data on open rates and click through rates from our emails, so that we know which topics are of higher interest to our readers. When opting into our newsletters, or members updates, etc, we give explicit details on those opt-in pages, so that your consent must be freely given in order to join our list. You can also unsubscribe at any time.
We also gather data to determine which of our pages are visited more frequently, and when sales are made, we gather those sales numbers to determine which pages are getting higher sales. This enables us to provide you with more content that is desired by the market, while growing our business in a market driven fashion.
The Right To Have Information Corrected
Should you wish to update/correct your information with us, simply contact us via email and let us know what needs to be changed at: admin@ReadySetBlog.com.
The Right To Restrict Processing
You may request that your data is not used for processing. Data can remain in place without being used, or can be deleted at your request.
The Right To Object
You have the right to stop the processing of your data for direct marketing. We make this very clear at the start of any communication with us (such as subscribing to a newsletter), and you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking a link within any of our emails. You can also cancel at any time if you happen to be part of a recurring billing membership of ours by submitting a request via email to: admin@ReadySetBlog.com.
The Right To Be Notified
If there has been a data breach which compromises your personal data you will be informed within 72 hours of us first having become aware of the breach.
Should you wish to exercise any of your GDPR rights listed above, please email us at admin@ReadySetBlog.com and submit a request.
Please note that ReadySetBlog.com contains links to other Websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other Websites. We encourage our users to be aware that when they leave our Website that you read the privacy statements of each Website that might collect personally identifying information.
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience.
This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Program Participation Disclaimer
Thrive Marketing Media, LLC has financial relationships with a number of companies mentioned on this Website, and ReadySetBlog.com may be compensated if you book or make purchases via the links on this Website.
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
ReadySetBlog.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for Websites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com.
As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their Website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
For more about our Affiliate Policy, please see our Disclosure Statement.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Unsubscribing From Our eMail Database
To unsubscribe from our email database, you may click the UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of any email message you receive from us, or send us an email to admin@ReadySetBlog.com with “UNSUBSCRIBE” typed into the subject line of the email.
Thrive Marketing Media, LLC
1325 E. Yucca Street
Phoenix, AZ 85020 USA
eMail Address: admin@ReadySetBlog.com
For more information about this Website, please see our other policies and disclosure statements: